Friday, October 22, 2010

I Wanna Be Like Mike (Tyson)

Straight and to the point... I am making a case for Mike Tyson.

Yes, the man has been through his share of turmoil.  One need only visit Wikipedia to learn about all his ups and downs and further downs.

But I would like to say this.  Either Mike has an amazing therapist who has made some great progress with him or he's just coming into his own.

I site two recent forays into comedy and his ability to embrace his inner silliness....



and




Now, in The Hangover I get a sense he's a little unsure about what he's doing, but someone (someone very smart) had his ear and got him to trust Todd Phillips and the result was a memorable performance.  And I think it's a result of that experience that led to this latter most recent comedic effort.

I defy you to watch that video and tell me Mike isn't having the time of his life (not to mention how completely aware he is as far as his lack of dancing and lip sync-ing abilities go.  Regardless, the man is having a good time.  I'd like to think that perhaps Mike is happy for the first time in his life and is having fun.

Keep at it, Mr. Tyson... I am enjoying your silliness.

From one Punchy to another.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment