Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Growth is so important in ones life... I look back over the last 20 years and see all the changes I've gone through. I say to myself, "wow, Longstreet, you experienced quite a bit" -- I've lost a mom, graduated college, was a part of launching VIBE magazine, got married, pursued the dream of becoming a screenwriter and succeeded (somewhat), had two amazing kids, gave up on the screenwriting dream and started a new career as a publicist which I've done pretty good at.

Today I look back on '09 and take in what's happened in only 6 months -- I witnessed the end of my marriage (amicably thank God - a real blessing) -- Now, I look ahead at '10 and am about to move into my own place - At 40 I'm forced to confront one of the scariest questions I've ever had to face -- "what comes next?"

I wish I knew... now the REAL growth can begin.

GL

A FEW SHOTS OF THE NEW RETRO PAD



No comments:

Post a Comment