Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And now a word from the DJ

iT's BAnGin', Son!!! - the iTunes Hip Hop Mix

So, here it is -- my hip hop mix.... I haven't made a mix I could be proud of in a while... nowadays, thanks to iTunes, one can just throw a mix together without a care in the universe. Back in the day, when we had cassettes we had to put the shit together like a mathematical equation. Every song HAD to represent and if God forbid you got the end of side one and that last song you chose had 3 minutes left and 2 inches of tape (aw, the worst!!!)... now, even though I've started with the hip hop mix doesn't mean it's all I care about... I wanted to make a mix and gave myself one rule

IT HAD TO MAKE YOUR HEAD NOD!!!! BREAK THAT SHIT!!!

This isn't about classic life changing hip hop tracks... this isn't about what I believe to be the best hip hop songs of all time (I don't even think that mix is possible) --- simply stated, I went through my iTunes library and started pulling songs -- songs I would want to roll to... I'm sure I could go through it again and pick 18 different tracks -- but I do like the combo I put together, so why not tell the world.

As time moves on I will challenge myself to other mix ideas/challenges that will encompass all genres... and God Dammit... I will deliver like Taylor Negron delivering Spicoli a pepperoni and sausage in Mr. Hand's class ("For you, dude!")

So, here is my track listing -- hit me up if you want a copy :)

Definition/Black Star
Turf Dirt/Casual
Whoa!/Black Rob
Ridin'/Chamillionaire & Krayzie Bone
Chrome and Paint/Ice Cube
Wanna Know/Obie Trice
Release Yo' Delf/Method Man
Flava In Ya Ear/Craig Mack
Hip Hop/Mos Def
Get Em High/Kanye West, Talib Kweli & Common
Tougher Than Leather/Run-D.M.C.
Slow And Low/The Beastie Boys
Universal Mind Control/Common
Izzo (H.O.V.A.)/Jay-Z
Welcome to Jamrock/Damian "Junior Gong" Marley
Lost Ones/Lauryn Hill
Good Life/Kanye West
Re: Definition/Black Star

No comments:

Post a Comment